Australian Embassy DIAC Client Service Officer Vacancy
Australian Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia currently looking for professional candidates for following position
Valid until 5 April 2011
Education level : Bachelor/S1
Majors : All majors
Experience : -
DIAC Client Service Officer – CSO3/BB3
- Assist CSO 4 and A-based staff with team management providing day to day support and guidance training;
- Apply law and policy in decision making whilst taking into account integrity and DIAC client service principles. This process may include processing complex visa cases, interviewing of clients and/or sponsors, investigating cases, analysing caseloads for trends and providing feedback to teams;
- Perform a range of administrative duties including translating and interpreting, reporting and analysis of statistics and management of DIAC revenue. Use and interrogating databases;
- Lead meetings and presentations associated with DIAC programs. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders including Indonesian government organisations, other embassies and international organisations and provide reports as required;
- Duty representing highest function: All
- Qualification: Excellent written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- High level communication skills (English and Indonesian)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well (both orally and in writing) with clients and within the office, including in difficult and stressful situations;
- Demonstrated ability to respond independently to representations and write structured reports.
- Higher level decision making skills
- Demonstrated ability to make well reasoned decisions in a timely manner applying legislation and policy;
- Demonstrated ability to analyse information, determine trends and patterns and identify issues for further investigation;
- Demonstrated ability to analyse complex or sensitive visa applications and to exercise discretion to consult with managers as required.
- Lead and motivate staff
- Demonstrated ability to assist in the management and motivation of staff at the CSO2 and CSO1 levels including identifying developmental needs and concerns;
- Demonstrated ability to provide training in formal and informal context;
- Demonstrated ability to apply DIAC code of conduct and privacy principles.
- Well developed Administrative Skills
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with both internal and external clients including Indonesian government organisations, other embassies and international organisations and to assist in representing DIAC in meetings and forums
- Initiative and Flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks and manage pressure in a team context;
- Demonstrated ability to understand and analyse business processes and to implement change where required
- Demonstrated ability to deal with problems and issues in a proactive and considered manner.
- Outline your skills and abilities that relate to the criterion you are addressing.
- Do not simply address the criterion by saying that you possess the required skills but highlight your skills, experiences and achievements. Describe how you utilise these skills and provide examples.
- Think broadly and diversely when addressing the criterion. For example: if the criterion relates to an employer seeking a person with good communication skills, think about the different forms of communication (in person, in writing, over the telephone and communicating with persons from different ethnic backgrounds/cultures, language barriers, non verbal communication skills etc).
- Make sure that your response is clear, succinct and concise. Remember, there is no need to impress by providing an overly complicated response that the employer is will have trouble interpreting.
- Use positive action words.
- Ensure that your response to each criterion is no longer than half a page.
- Run a spell check on your computer before anyone sees your application.
- Do a grammar review.
- Position No.: TBADesignation and Classification: LES / BB 3
- Local Designation: LES / CSO 3
- Department: DIAC
- Section: Immigration
- Branch: Australian Embassy, Jakarta
- Continuing, Fixed Term or Part Time: Continuing
- Immediate Supervisor: CSO 4
- No. of subordinates: Various
- Highest subordinates: CSO 2
The duties and selection criteria of the position are listed below. All applicants should ensure they address how they meet each of the selection criteria in their application. Applicants should cite examples from their work which demonstrate how they have applied their skills and experience.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered for interview. Applicants should also include a copy of their curriculum vitae (resume). Photos are NOT required.
The starting monthly salary at BB3 level is IDR.7,741,208.
Applications should be directed to Ms Gaby Kusniadi, Training and Recruitment Officer at the following email address with ‘DIAC Client Service Officer’ in the subject line.
All applications should be lodged by 1600 hrs on Tuesday, 5 April 2011. Please note that no phone call inquiries will be taken and only short-listed applicants will be notified.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org