The British Embassy Assistant Vacancies
The British Embassy is looking to fill the positions of Consular Assistant in its Honorary Consulate in Bali and Consular Administrative Assistant in its British Consulate General in Jakarta.
Valid until 14 April 2011
Education level : Minimum Bachelor/S1
Majors : All majors
Experience : -
Consular Assistant - Bali
- The Consular Assistant will need to answer public enquiries on the full range of consular services. In addition, the jobholder will be responsible for managing the accounts of the Honorary Consulate and submitting monthly returns to the Consulate-General in Jakarta.
- Excellent spoken and written English (IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent)
- Typing speed at least 30 WPM.
- Expertise in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and databases
- Experience in office administration and accounts is essential.
- Good people and communication skills.
- We will be offering a competitive package starting from IDR 5,292,308 depending on experience.
- The interview will be held at the British Embassy in Jakarta.
- Closing date: April 15
Consular Administrative Assistant (Part-time) - Jakarta
General Job Description
- This is an important position to support a busy Consular team. The team deals on a daily basis with a wide range of cases including theft, loss of travel documents, arrest, financial problems, business disputes, child custody problems, serious illness and even death.
- Normal working office hours are 0730 to 1230, Monday to Friday, when the public counter is open for business. Although the British Embassy promotes a healthy work-life balance, consular staff are often called on after hours to deal with emergencies and the successful candidate therefore needs to be a reliable and flexible person, who would be willing to work outside of conditioned hours on occasion. The Consular Administrative Assistant will be expected to handle all incoming public enquiries on a range of consular issues on the telephone as well as by email and undertake basic clerical work within the team.
Previous consular experience is not essential but you will be expected to absorb knowledge about policy and best practice quickly in order to be able to answer enquiries from the public. Relevant training will be provided. Candidates with previous experience in public service delivery are desirable.
All candidates should have as a minimum:
- Good personal administration skills;
- Excellent spoken and written English and good level of spoken Bahasa Indonesia (IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent in English);
- Expertise in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and databases;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- A team player
- Salary: The starting salary will in the region of Rp. 3,625,000,- (depending on qualifications and experience) + yearly performance-related bonus.
- Closing date: April 14
Should you interested please download application procedure at link below.